Pak - Arab Pipeline Company Limited (PAPCO) - operates a state-of-the-art cross-country pipeline system to transport refined High Speed Diesel from Karachi ports to up-country. The company has the following share holding by:
PAPCO plays a pivotal role in the High Speed Diesel (HSD) supply chain in Pakistan, providing the strategic infrastructure to transport HSD from Karachi to Shikarpur & Mahmoodkot. It is interconnected with both Port Qasim and Keamari Ports as well as with PRL, NRL and PARCO. It has the flexibility to receive imported and locally produced petroleum products from multiple sources and to deliver it at different demand centers. It provides the most reliable, efficient, economical, and environment friendly means of cross country transportation of High Speed Diesel.
- The White Oil Pipeline was commercially commissioned in March 2005, comprising of 786 Km of 26” dia cross-country pipeline, storage tanks, pumps and other allied facilities.
- The present transportation capacity of the system is 8 million tons per year which can be enhanced up to 12 million tons per year, when required in future.
- Presently more than 5 million tons of Diesel is being transported annually through the PAPCO system.
- The company has streamlined the supplies of High Speed Diesel (HSD) and has eliminated about 4000 road tankers, previously deployed for transporting HSD from Karachi to upcountry.
- PAPCO has also provided additional strategic product storage of about 0.221 million tons to the country, thereby, improving the security of supplies.
- PAPCO has an O&M agreement with PARCO which creates synergies in technical and management areas between PAPCO and PARCO resulting in professional and cost effective operation of the pipeline.